Traditional Chinese Health Practioner, utilising Massage, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Cupping & Guasha to Heal You
Many of you know me as a Tai Chi Teacher, however, there is a secret about me that you might not know – I am a great Natural Healer.
As a young girl I was lucky enough to work alongside with my adopted grandfather who was a barefoot doctor and one elder who knew the secret of Chinese Guasha & Cupping in my village, they personally showed me the technics and benefits of holistic Chinese medicine which I share through my massage practise and Tai Chi lessons. I can help to make your life more liveable, by relieving some of the aches, pains, stresses and strains that everyday life can cause.
Qualified Remedial Massage Therapist
As a qualified Remedial Massage Therapist (Dip of Remedial Massage; Member of Massage & Myotherapy Australia), all Health Fund Rebates are available. HICAPS is available, so you can claim on spot and only pay for the difference.
What is a Remedial Massage?
Remedial massage is used to aid recovery from the injuries caused by the strains of everyday life, including postural problems and repetitive stress injuries. If you have particular muscle tension or chronic pain a remedial massage may be for you. While remedial massage encompasses some techniques from relaxation massage, it also incorporates advanced joint mobilisation and stretching techniques to provide deep and lasting relief.
- Increase blood flow resulting in nutrition delivery to healing tissue
- Reduced scar tissue and risk of injury recurrence
- Relief of muscle tension around joints, alleviating aches
- Increased mobility and flexibility
- Reduced neck, back and shoulder pain
- Maintained and improved muscle condition
- Improved relaxation and general wellbeing
- Improved posture
- Improved lymphatic flow
- Improved immune system functioning
- Reduced inflammation
- Improved sleep
- Improved parasympathetic nervous system
What is Cupping?
Cupping is a type of alternative therapy that originated in China. It involves placing cups on the skin to create suction. Traditional Chinese fire cupping helps with muscle pain, inflammation, blood flow and general body relaxation as a form of deep tissue message.
Cupping increases blood circulation to the area where the cups are placed. This can relieve muscle tension, which can improve overall blood flow and promote cell repair, as well as the flow of “Qi” in the body. Qi is a Chinese word meaning life energy. It can also help form new connective tissues and create new blood vessels in the tissue. People use cupping to complement their care for a host of ailments and conditions.
Getting the best out of your massage:
- Drink plenty of water both before and after your massage to ensure your body is properly hydrated.
- Relax your muscles with a hot shower before your massage.
- Eating just before a massage can lead to an uncomfortable bloated feeling. Save lunch for afterwards.
- Let me know of any injuries or allergies you may have prior to your appointment.
- Let me know when something hurts or doesn’t feel right during the massage.
- Making massage part of your regular routine can lower your risk of muscular injury, while helping to keep you mentally and physically relaxed.
- If you’re going to exercise, do it beforehand, not afterwards. Working out afterwards can come with an increased risk of muscular stress, strain and injury, so take it easy for 24 hours.
- Skip that coffee and grab a green tea. Coffee is a diuretic, and massage can be dehydrating. Take care of your body and choose something calming and rehydrating afterwards. Coffee can also tense up muscles that you’ve just relaxed.
For bookings please call or text Chunmei on 0438 802 018.
30 minutes, $50
45 minutes, $77
60 minutes, $97
75 minutes, $127 (Initial appointment)
* Health fund rebates are available,
* Free Cupping and Guasha
Feed backs from clients:
★★★★★ “I have been receiving weekly massage treatment from Chunmei for 8 months…. I suffer strong back pain with nerve damage from MS… I have lived with this uncomfortable condition for 35 years… Since I started seeing Chunmei the pain has definitely reduced and also other symptoms such as incontinence has also improved…I have tried numerous other massage therapists and non of them were ever successful in assisting me as Chunmei has…She is rare and a natural healer…I feel tremendously blessed to have discovered her…She also provides a most congenial and genuine environment to receive the treatment which is great… I can’t say enough how mush I appreciate what she is doing for me…Highly recommended.” Shane O.
★★★★★ “The hour that I spent with Chunmei was an incredible healing experience. I really cannot praise her enough for the relief she has given my tired and sore hands; as well as the way she has loosened up my neck and shoulders. Chunmei you are so professional and yet make me feel so welcome. I will definitely be returning. Thank you so much for you kindness. ” Helga Raljevic
★★★★★ “I had been having problems with my right shoulder and arm from working in a commercial kitchen and I looked for a massage online and found Chunmei. Found a connection because I love Taichi. Chunmei didn’t only fix my shoulder and arm, but I believe she also made me quit smoking (6 months ago). Thank you, Chunmei! I highly recommend your service to anyone who is having problems with body & soul.” Love, Claudia.
★★★★★“I absolutely love attending Chunmei’s Tai Chi classes. Chunmei is an excellent instructor who combines fun and humour with her passion to teach and improve her students’ lives. Chunmei has also given me the most amazing massages at her clinic. I have suffered with a frozen shoulder since a fall I had in May of this year, and Chunmei’s healing hands are helping me tremendously with my recovery. I highly recommend getting a massage from Chunmei for either a specific injury, stress reduction or just to relax and treat yourself!! She is also accredited with all healthcare funds.” Michelle H
★★★★★“I am fortunate to have had several massages with Chunmei. She creates a safe, non-threatening environment which fosters confidence in her clients. Chunmei’s professional and caring attitude is an added bonus. My sense of well-being has been enhanced thanks to Chunmei’s massage expertise.” Susan J
★★★★★“Chunmei is a wonderful Tai Chi instructor – I highly recommend her and as a bonus she is an amazing masseuse- don’t know what I would do without her magic hands and lovely and caring nature – oh and you can claim on your private health too.” Kimmy Maree
★★★★★“I had THE BEST MASSAGE. I had THE BEST SLEEP…7 hours. …Thank you for the care and magic through your hands. Still feeling relaxed… amazing.” Gwen M